Statement of Faith
Our brief statement of faith is six essentials:
- There is one God, Creator of everything, who has eternally existed as the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus, the Son of God, became a human and lived a perfect life.
- Jesus died on the cross, rose from the grave, and will come again.
- The Holy Spirit lives in every Christian, providing power, guidance, and gifts.
- The Bible is God's Word to us. It is authoritative and its truth is without error.
- Salvation is only from Jesus. It is God's free gift to us, but we must accept it through faith.
Our longer statement of faith is the Nicene Creed, written in the year 325 A.D.:
We believe in one God,
the Father, the Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all that is, seen and unseen.
We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
the only Son of God,
eternally begotten of the Father,
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made,
of one Being with the Father.
Through him all things were made.
For us and for our salvation
he came down from heaven:
by the power of the Holy Spirit
he became incarnate from the Virgin Mary,
and was made man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate;
he suffered death and was buried.
On the third day he rose again
in accordance with the Scriptures;
he ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead,
and his kingdom will have no end.
We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son.
With the Father and the Son he is worshiped and glorified.
He has spoken through the Prophets.
We believe in one holy and apostolic Church.
We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
We look for the resurrection of the dead,
and the life of the world to come. Amen.
-Nicene Creed, 325 A.D.